Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sophia's Half Birthday!

Ok, so technically her half birthday was 2 days ago. I was way too sleep deprived to blog until today. So here it goes! 

Sophia is 6 months old! Lots of drooling, biting, and hands in the mouth, but still no teeth! She's slowly getting used to the idea that I can't hold her all day. She'll sit on the couch and play, scoot around on the play mat, or hang out in the exersaucer for short periods of time throughout the day. The only time she will sit quietly in the swing is if I put her in there within the first hour of her waking up. Maybe she'll still too tired to fight it at that point, but any other time of the day, she arches her back so I can't even buckle her in. She sits really well by herself, but I always put the boppy behind her so she doesn't smack her head on the ground when she throws herself back.


 Tuesday she went to her 6 month well baby check up. She weighs 14lbs, 14 oz and is 25.25 in long. I was actually expecting her to be a lot bigger. The doctor says she looks great, and is right on track for her growth. She had to get 3 shots, and she started crying as soon as I laid her on the table. 

Out of curiosity, I pulled out Dylan's calendar that has all of his check up info and milestones to see where he was at 6 months. At his 6 month appointment, he was 14lbs and 26.25in. I was surprised because Sophia seems a lot chunkier than I ever remember Dylan being. Maybe since he was an inch longer, his weight was a little more stretched out. I flipped ahead to his 7 month and saw that within the 2 weeks after he turned 7 months he got his first 2 teeth, started crawling, moved from his belly to sitting up by himself, and pulled himself up to standing using his toy chest. OMG! I can only imagine Dylan running around the house (screaming like the Hulk), and Sophia crawling after him trying to keep up. To think that may be reality in a month or so is scary! 

The next day (Wed), Sophia woke up with a fever, and a red bump on her leg from her shots. She wanted me to hold her, but she would cry if my hand even brushed up against the bump. After a very fussy day and a lot of protesting from Dylan, we all went to bed early. I expected Dylan to put up a fight about going to bed early, but some of the things he says are ridiculous. He went to his room, and yelled "fine! I'm just going to be late for everything! I'm going to be late for the circus and for swim lessons!" I told him not to worry about being late because with his attitude he isn't going to the circus or swim lessons. He ran out crying saying he wanted to go, then finally agreed to lay down. 


Sorry I got a little sidetracked by Dylan's craziness. Anywho, here are Sophia's 6 month pictures.


And then the paparazzi goes too far...
 

 6 more months until her 1st birthday! This is also a reminder that there are only 6 months until Christmas. :) In case you were wondering, YES, I have started thinking about her 1st birthday party!!! Who am I kidding, I started thinking about it months ago. I may or may not already have 2 presents in my closet for her. I'm not 100% set on anything yet, but I really like the theme Sophia in One-derland (like Alice in Wonderland). I'll keep ya posted!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment