Wednesday, June 6, 2012

From chaos to quiet

Today there was a rare double nap sighting at my house. The kids had spent the day playing at grandma's house and fell asleep on the way home. To my surprise, they both stayed asleep for more than an hour once we were actually home! This is a huge deal, especially for my little nap-hating Sopita. Despite my efforts to nap as well, I ended up sitting on the couch watching tv and eating food that I shouldn't be eating. Just me, alone with my thoughts. On a day that I need a distraction from my thoughts, the kids decide to give me an hour alone in a quiet house. There are probably a million things that I could have done around the house, but I just laid around like a bum. When Sophia finally woke up, it snapped me out of my funk and back into mommy mode. It made me realize how much the chaos of my day keeps me sane. The kids need me. I know that there are going to be days when my world feels like it's falling apart, when I miss Josh so much that I don't want to get out of bed, but Dylan and Sophia give me the strength I need to get through it. So when things are loud and crazy over here, I will try to remember that this is what keeps me together.
I guess the paparazzi are not welcome at naptime.
He walked in, took off his shoes, and stayed like this for 2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment