Monday, July 2, 2012

Who has an iPod?

Ah technology! I love it. I know it wasn't that long ago, but sometimes I wonder how in the world we all got through the day without cell phones. What if there was an emergency and you were driving, how would someone get ahold of you? How did you call the police if you were in a car accident? I can only imagine the fun shiny stuff we'll have by the time Dylan and Sophia are adults. 

Recently Josh and I broke up with BlackBerry. We had been wanting iPhones for a while, and with Josh's deployment, the iPhone has so many more advantages. Since I can listen to my music on my iPhone, I didn't really have any use for my iPod anymore. It wasn't too long ago that I left my iPod on the table, and Dylan grabbed it and started listening to the music while he danced around the house. It was hilarious. So I told him that once I got my new phone, he could have the iPod. 

Fast forward to last week. I was cleaning the backyard, and found that a few unnamed siblings had left my iPod out there. (If you are in shock that I was outside cleaning the backyard, let me tell you it was not fun...or pretty.) I had never officially given the iPod to Dylan because I hadn't seen it in a while. So when we came inside I told him that the iPod was his now, but I still had to charge it because it was dead. Despite that, he carried it around all night. He asked if he could lay next to the iPod on the couch, and then he fell asleep. I left the iPod on the table, and carried him to his room. Around 3am, he came in my room crying and he came next to me and said "mommy?" in the saddest little voice ever. Usually he just climbs in the bed and falls back asleep. I asked him what was wrong (thinking maybe he had a bad dream, was missing josh, or something like that), and he said "I can't find my iPod!". Then he proceeded to cry harder. I got out of bed, grabbed the iPod off the table and handed it to him. He held it as he slept, and still had it in his hand as he walked out of the room in the morning. What kind of craziness did I just start? 

Of course he refused to talk about anything other than the iPod until I charged it. I also made a separate playlist of songs that he can listen to. The last thing we need is him walking around the house singing "move b*%&! get out the way!". No one has to tell me that it is crazy that a 4 year old has an iPod. I know it is!! That was my first iPod and Josh bought it for me when I was pregnant with Dylan. But what can I say? It was just going to sit in a drawer and not get used anyways. And he is really cute when you catch him singing the songs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment