Friday, June 8, 2012

Baby Food!

Yesterday was so much more productive than Wednesday was. There was no wallowing on the couch, eating fast food, or urge to make myself feel better by shopping. I actually got up and accomplished a few things. Soph and I went to the grocery store and bought stuff to start making her baby food! We got peas, bananas, avocado, and pears. I think I remember reading that you should start with a vegetable first. I can't remember the reasoning, and actually I may have made that fact up in my head but whatever, we are starting with peas! A few months ago I bought the Baby Bullet, and it's been sitting in my kitchen just waiting to be used. Well your big day is finally here Baby Bullet!
Once I steamed the peas, it literally took 10 seconds to make the food. It made 6 servings of baby food for about 20 cents. 
 When Dylan saw me steaming the peas for Sophia, he insisted that he wanted to eat a bowl of peas too. I can't really say no to a child who is asking to eat peas. I made him a separate bowl of steamed (not mashed) peas, and he finished the whole thing in a few minutes. 
Notice all of his pictures are in superhero shirts? It's his new obsession.
 If you are wondering where Sophia is while I am doing all of this, I had to carry her around in the Moby Wrap. You didn't think she'd sit nicely while I made her food, did you? Yup, that's right, I did all of this with a baby strapped to my chest. 

Now it's time for the taste test! 
  
Before (and her first time sitting in the high chair)

I took an after picture but now it's no where to be found on my phone. And now that I think about it, Dylan was asking to take a picture with my phone so he may have deleted it in the process. Trust me when I say that the peas were a hit! Just like with the oatmeal, she got impatient with me and started trying to grab the spoon out of my hand. We're going to be eating peas for the rest of the week (to make sure there are no food allergies), so I'll try to get an after pic today!

First attempt at making baby food-success!

No comments:

Post a Comment