Monday, June 4, 2012

What's with all the yelling?

Sophia has gotten into a few habits that I'd like to break. 
#1-mini naps. She only naps for 15-20 minutes at a time. If she falls asleep while I'm holding her, her eyes pop open the second I lay her down in the crib. This is driving me crazy. 
#2-she wants to be held all the time. I know, I know, she's a baby! But come on, I can't hold her every moment of the day. When I put her down, she starts yelling. She doesn't really cry, but the constant yelling (which sounds like a dying cat) is enough to make me stop what I'm doing to go pick her up again. 

Dylan knows that sometimes he has to wait for me while I put Sophia to sleep, or feed her, but he's only 4 and patience is not really a strong attribute for him. Today he was playing outside and I saw that he was trying to fill up his water balloons with the water hose. Of course it was not going well and there was water everywhere but in the balloon. I told him just to wait a little bit and as soon as Sophia was napping I would go out there and fill up some balloons for him. It was so hot outside that I didn't really want to have her sitting out there with us. I guess I was taking too long because he kept trying to fill them up. He even resorted to shooting water into the balloons with his water guns.  After it was clear that Sophia would not be napping anytime soon, I decided to lay her on the play mat and go outside to help him. Of course she started yelling right away, but I figured it wouldn't take too long to help him. I filled up 5 balloons for him and told him that we'd make some more later. Walked over to Sophia and this is what I found: 


Yup, she was screaming like I abandoned her. I'm really hoping that the neediness is coming from her teething and maybe she'll chill out soon. Or maybe she's already the high maintenance girl that we all suspected that she'd be. 


Oh, and the water balloons lasted less than a minute with Dylan. He popped all of them, then wanted more immediately despite the dying cat sounds coming from inside the house. Never satisfied. He has a dentist appointment early in the morning, so let's hope for some good news there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment