Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pearly Whites

Dylan's 6 month check up with the dentist was this morning. Let me start off by saying that although we have all day to go to an appointment, I keep scheduling things early in the morning. It is quicker to go in the morning because we're usually one of the first ones there, and prior to me staying at home I had to make appointments early to avoid missing work. However, it doesn't hit me until the night before that getting Dylan up early is going to be awful. As I've said before, he is not a morning person. His appointment was at 7:30am, which means I had to have him up by 6:30 to give him time to get dressed, eat, and brush his teeth without rushing him. Rushing=Meltdown. 

We made it to the dentist with minimal tears, and his bad attitude went away as soon as he saw the video games in the waiting room. It was time for some updated x-rays, so I took Sophia and sat down while they took him to the x-ray area. 

Ok, I'm gonna go on a little rant about x-rays. Why hasn't someone figured out an easier way to take dental x-rays? I had to get them done not too long ago and those little white things you bite down on scratch the hell out of the inside of your mouth! It's very uncomfortable, and any time I've had x-rays, I end up with sore gums. With all of the crazy technology out there, someone needs to focus on this. Why are we being subjected to this torture? Can't they just make the bites smaller or more rounded? I felt so bad for Dylan as I watched the dental hygienists try to get him to sit still and bite down. He wasn't fighting them, but he kept gagging as he tried to bite down. It took 2 of them to get a decent picture of his teeth. The good news is that he is cavity free! He got his fluoride treatment and new toothbrush and we were on our way. The next time he goes back is in December, and Sophia might be ready for her first appointment with the dentist at that time.

Another successful trip to the dentist. :) Of course I took pictures along the way...

Video games in the waiting room

X-Rays!

      
Waiting for the dentist
And just because she's cute-

Looks like she might need to upgrade to a convertible carseat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment