Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Learning new things everyday

Dylan asked to wear his Under Armour shoes to school today. Normally I have him wear his Vans because
1. His Under Armour shoes are white, and he isn't exactly known for being clean and
2. He can't tie his shoes, and the Vans just slip on. 
Rather than start an argument (that I would probably lose) at 8am, I agreed to let him wear the ones he wanted. 

I picked him up from school, and on the way home he told me his friend KJ taught him how to tie his shoes. He said he was really good at it, and when we got out of the car he would show me so that I would know how to do it too. We pull into the garage, and this is what he shows me....
I couldn't help but smile when I saw his shoes as I imagined two 4 year olds sitting on the playground figuring out how to keep his shoes from coming untied. Very creative. I didn't want to break it to him that it wasn't the way his shoes are tied (I guess technically he can tie them however he feels like it). I told him that there are a lot of ways to tie shoes, and I would show him how I tie them. That way he can be awesome at all the different ways to tie shoes. His response? "Well yeah because I'm 4 years old." 

On a side note, he also started swim lessons on Monday. He's signed up for 4 weeks, Mon-Thurs. At that point we'll see if he wants to keep going. I just want him to be comfortable without floatation devices in the pool. I'm not expecting an olympic swimmer, but with Dylan, we may just get something crazy like that. 
Learning how to float

No comments:

Post a Comment