Sunday, May 13, 2012

Not So Handy Mommy

Dylan has so many toys from his birthday and even Christmas that we haven't opened yet. He has a Buzz Lightyear pop up "tent" in his closet that he got for Christmas, and he's been asking to play with it this week. I finally gave in and opened the box. I thought it would just unfold and pop up. That was not the case...

I'm not gonna lie, when I saw that it required assembly I was ready to put it back into the box and tell him it was broken. I am awful at putting toys, furniture, and basically anything with instructions together. That's a job I usually leave up to Josh. He's good at it, and he understands the ridiculous pictures on the instructions. But what I am supposed to tell Dylan? "Sorry buddy, you're going to have to wait until Dad is home to play with all of your stuff". Yeah, that's not going to cut it here. So I had to do it by myself. Halfway through, Dylan walked over and said "You're doing a good job setting it up mama!". Maybe he saw my frustration and was trying to make me feel better, or maybe he was hoping that the compliment would make me hurry up and finish it so he could play. Anywho, it didn't really take that long, and now I have a huge Buzz Lightyear rocket in the middle of my house.


There's also a kids bbq that needs some assembly sitting in the hallway, but I'll leave that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment