Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

When I was pregnant with Dylan, I never worried about how I was physically, or even financially going to take care of a baby. In my mind I had those things covered. I was more worried about teaching him how to be a good person. It's a lot of pressure for a new mom. In this crazy world, how do any of us grow up to be normal? There are so many things that I want to teach Dylan and Sophia, but when it comes down to it, some of the biggest lessons they will learn are going to be from simply observing the example Josh and I set forth. I know that there is no perfect way to parent a child, so we're pretty much figuring out what's best for them as we go along. They are going to learn quickly that I'm not perfect and I make mistakes, and that's ok because they will make mistakes too. And when they do, I will be there to show them love. So at the end of another Mother's Day, I want to remember how blessed I am to have this opportunity. I get to teach them what life is all about. More than anything, I hope they always know that they are two of the best things that ever happened to me. 
They're pretty happy kids, so I must be doing something right. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment