Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dylan is 4!

Four years ago this beautiful baby came into our lives. 


We quickly learned that Dylan does everything on his own time and his own terms. He's changed our lives in amazing ways. He seems so grown up now. He gets himself dressed, puts movies on for himself, climbs into the car and buckles his carseat straps. I've been thinking about the things I want to remember about him at this age. Honestly, it makes me want to cry thinking that the way he is today will soon be just memories that I hold in my heart. So here it is-
Things I want to remember about Dylan at 4 years old
-His love of Transformers, particularly Bumble Bee and Optimus Prime
-His lovely rendition of "Love You Like A Love Song"
-The way he refers to all country music as "dad's music"
-His grumpy face when he wakes up because he is not a morning person
-His desire to help me every time I clean the house (I'm sure this won't last long)
-The sweet way that he loves his little sister. He can't get enough of her (and the feeling is mutual). 
-If you have a cell phone with games on it, or an xbox, you have become his new best friend. 
-The way he can't sit still and eat for more than 2 bites
-The way he questions everything ("um, mama, are you sure you know what you are doing?")
-When he is given a dollar, he refers to it as one hundred dollars
-He asks me to let him get Gamefly every time the commercial comes on, but I'm pretty sure he has no idea what Gamefly is. 
-His new love for fun socks
-He wants to play golf when he gets older. Not football, baseball, basketball. Golf, just golf.
-The way he still calls me Mama


Wow, I'm sure I can go on and on about this crazy kid. He says or does something every day that makes me smile.  So I'll end it with this picture of Dylan. It took forever to even get a shot of him because he refuses to stand still. :) 

 

1 comment:

  1. he is the most amazing little boy . and we all love him so much

    ReplyDelete