Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sophia is 9 months old!

On the 26th Sophia turned 9 months old, and we had her check up with the doctor. She is growing up way too fast. Her weight was 16lbs, 6oz, and height was 26.75in. I checked Dylan's calendar, and he was an inch and a half taller than her at this age! The doctor said she's growing right along her curve so she's healthy, and she expect that she'll pretty much have my body structure. So...she's probably gonna be short. Her crawling has evolved into some crazy zombie, one legged crawl, but it gets her around the house. She stands up when she gets to anything that will hold her up, and loves to crawl to the xbox to turn it on. She plays with Dylan in his room, and loves the tool bench. She was even brave enough to stand up without holding anything in his room, but no steps by herself yet.

When I first started writing this blog post (3 days ago!), Sophia had no teeth. However, as of last night, I felt the tiniest little sliver of a tooth at the bottom center of her mouth. Finally!! I'm sure she's not going to be too happy over the next few days as it makes it's way out, but at least the process is started! I was starting to get so worried that I even googled "is it possible for a baby to be born without any teeth". FYI, it is, but it's very rare. Now that she's getting teeth, I can start expanding the foods that she eats. She hasn't had pureed baby food in a few months, and it's really hard to find foods that are soft enough for her to eat on her own.  The good thing though is that she isn't a picky eater. She loves any and every thing that I give her. She loves it so much that she rubs it all over her face and hair. Ok, maybe that comes from her being a messy eater, but none the less, she loves food. 

It seems like she does something new every day. She says MAMAMAMAMA and BABABABABA, and she yells at Dylan when he takes toys away from her. She dances when music is on. She never wears shoes because her feet are too chunky to fit in them. I have only been able to fit shoes on her a handful of times. I keep trying different styles because if she's walking soon she needs shoes, but so far no luck.

She outgrew the moby wrap that I used to carry her when she was a newborn. I had been putting off buying a new baby carrier because I felt like I would be enabling her clingy behavior. But after borrowing a friend's carrier when we went to California Adventure, and realizing that even when I don't put her in a carrier she's still clingy, I decided to by a new one. Luckily I found a pretty good deal on a Baby Hawk, and it should be here in the next few days! It holds up to 45lbs, so I won't ever need a new one. Technically I could hold Dylan in it if he wasn't 2/3 my height. I promised Josh that for fun I would put him in it once and take a picture. 

Taking 9 month pictures of Sophia for her baby book was hard! She won't sit still at all. I still need a picture of her next to her build a bear, but here's what we got so far: 

We had to switch to this booster because she was tearing the other high chair apart. She had one of Dylan's old shirts over her, and still managed to get this dirty. Yes, those are peaches stuck to her face.










Game Face!!



No comments:

Post a Comment